Welcome to Aberlour Pharmacy
Karen and the staff at Aberlour Pharmacy are dedicated to delivering the best care they can, both for you and your purse! They are constantly investing in the latest technology, staff training and products to make you feel better, sooner.
New Recommended Doses of Paracetamol
The MHRA has introduced new clearer dose instructions for paracetamol suspension. This will make is easier for people looking after children from 3 months to 12 years to know how much medicine to give. New packs showing the clearer doses will be available as the old stock sells through. Until then, Aberlour Pharmacy is providing information sheets showing the new dose. Please ask for a sheet and a medicine spoon next time you are in the pharmacy.
New Recommended Doses of Paracetamol for Children
120mg / 5ml (Purple Calpol, “Under 6 years”)
- 3 – 6 months 2.5ml up to four times in 24 hours
- 6 – 24 months 5ml up to four times in 24 hours
- 2 – 4 years 7.5ml up to four times in 24 hours
- 4 – 6 years 10ml up to four times in 24 hours
250mg / 5ml (Red Calpol, “Over 6 years”)
- 6 – 8 years 5ml up to four times in 24 hours
- 8 – 10 years 7.5ml up to four times in 24 hours
- 10 – 12 years 10ml up to four times in 24 hours